The park was established together with the Bishop's Palace built in 1837-38. Its basic layout has been preserved to this day – the main axis of the park's interior run as at present, leading south along the pond between two historical avenues: hornbeam avenue, lime trees and chestnut trees avenue.
After World War II, the main space, originally composed of a flower bed garden – grassy and open, gained new, ahistorical and not always happy trees and shrubs. Numerous red oaks deprived the park of its open space – these trees will be replanted.
The main decorative, no longer existing, element of the Gardens was a large round flower bed under the Palace – the so-called parterre – visible on the photo from 1905. In the post-war period, the park gained mainly coniferous ground-cover and spherical trees, which did not harmonize with the historic nature of the park. The parterre will be reconstructed according to the drawing showing an identical flowerbed from “Wzory kwietników ogrodowych” written by W. Bielski in 1908.
The driveway to the Palace from the side of Baroque stairs leading to the stone bridge over the Wierzyca River will also require some transformations to restore its original form.
Work on the revalorisation of the Gardens is scheduled to last until the end of January 2022.